Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church

Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church
9 E Homestead Ave. Palisades Park, NJ 07650 201-944-2107 Sundays 11:00 a.m. We preach Christ crucified (1. Corinthians 1,23)

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Wednesday in Judica

My Jesus, I draw near to You now and look at Your suffering with faith. You go into the Garden of Gethsemane, and sweat bloody sweat, for me, so that I shall be delivered from the power of Satan. You will be brought to the judgement seat, accused and condemned to death, for me, so that I shall be acquitted when I am brought before the judgement seat after my death and on the last day. You shall be scourged, and blood shall flow from Your body; the ploughmen shall make furrows in Your back for a long time, for me, so that I may not be punished for my sins. You shall be led to death, for me, so that when I die I shall be brought to salvation, and that there shall be a passage to heaven, yes, an entrance to the Father. (Starck's Gebetbuch 501-02)

This is a prayer I translated from the 1867 German ed. of Starck's Prayer Book; it fits nicely with the theme for Judica.

No comments:

Post a Comment