Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church

Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church
9 E Homestead Ave. Palisades Park, NJ 07650 201-944-2107 Sundays 11:00 a.m. We preach Christ crucified (1. Corinthians 1,23)

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Exaudi Propers

Exaudi 24. May 2020

Introit (Psalm 27,1.7.9b.13; 27,7a.9a)
Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud; 
Hide not Your face from me. 
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? 
The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud; 
be gracious to me and answer me!
Cast me not off; 
forsake me not, O God of my salvation!
I believe that I will look upon the goodness of the Lord 
in the land of the living!
Glory be to the Father and to the Son
and to the Holy Spirit;
as it was in the beginning,
is now, and will be forever.  Amen.
Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud; 
Hide not Your face from me. 

Collect of the Day
O King of Glory, Lord of hosts, uplifted in triumph far above all heavens, leave us not without consolation but send us the Spirit of Truth whom You promised from the Father; for You live and reign with Him and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.  Amen. 

Jeremiah 31,31-34
31„Behold, the days are approaching, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. 33But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put My Torah within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they will be My people. 34And no longer will each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying: ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
P This is the Word of the Lord.
C Thanks be to God. 

1. Peter 4,7-11
The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers. 8Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. 9Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: 11whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To Him belong glory and dominion forever and ever.  Amen.
P This is the Word of the Lord.
C Thanks be to God. 

John 15,26-16,4 
15,26 Jesus said to His disciples: “But when the Comforter arrives, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, He will bear witness about Me. 27And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning. 
16,1“I have said all these things to you to keep you from falling away. 2They will put you out of the synagogues. Indeed, the hour is approaching when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. 3And they will do these things because they have not known the Father, nor Me. 4But I have said these things to you, so that when their hour arrives you may remember that I told them to you. I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment